- July 10 – 11: Earl T. Shinhoster Leadership Institute (Savannah, GA)
- July 12: Youth Theological Initiative – Fearless Dialogues (Atlanta, GA)
- July 12: Candler School of Theology (Atlanta, Georgia)
- July 16: Lee Arrendale State Prison (Alto, Georgia)
- July 26: Fearless Dialogues
- July 26: Candler School of Theology (Atlanta, Georgia)
- August 4: Mundys Mill High School (Jonesboro, Georgia)
(Songwriting + Poetry)
5th Isle 4th Row
O Come All Ye Faithful
(Arrangement + Poetry)
Evoking the spirit of the Psalms, The Ascension Project is a compilation aimed at worshiping God through music, song, and poetry. The Ascension Project reminds listeners that communion with God can ignite their faith in order to uplift, heal and overcome. It is a testimony of the love, grace, and redemption of God expressed as notes, melody, and verse.
Once you listen, you will be blessed, and you will remember that you were born to ascend.
Helping Young Writers Find Their Voice
Tavares is a co-founder of VerbalEyze, a non-profit organization aimed at fosters, promoting and supporting the development and professional growth of emerging teenage and young adult writers, ages thirteen through twenty-two. The organization strives to help them develop as writers and find their voice as they mature.
Initiatives that support this objective include providing access to public performance spaces, writers workshops, and publication opportunities.